I;ve had this problem for months.
Android Studio 3.2 ( newest version )
Flutter 0.8.2 • channel beta • https://github.com/flutter/flutter.git Framework • revision 5ab9e70727 (4 weeks ago) • 2018-09-07 12:33:05 -0700 Engine • revision 58a1894a1c Tools • Dart 2.1.0-dev.3.1.flutter-760a9690c2 Running flutter doctor... Doctor summary (to see all details, run flutter doctor -v): [✓] Flutter (Channel beta, v0.8.2, on Mac OS X 10.13.6 17G65, locale en-US) [✓] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK 28.0.2) [✓] iOS toolchain - develop for iOS devices (Xcode 10.0) [✓] Android Studio ✗ Flutter plugin not installed; this adds Flutter specific functionality. ✗ Dart plugin not installed; this adds Dart specific functionality. [✓] Android Studio (version 3.2) [✓] IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition (version 2018.1) [✓] VS Code (version 1.27.2) [✓] Connected devices (2 available)
Observe that Android Studio has teo plugin issues... These plugins are installed and I can still compile for iOS and ANDROID using Flutter. But still looking for a solution on OSx
Solution 1: Amit Kumar
The solution is pretty simple. you have to install the Dart plugin in the android studio.
- open Android studio.
- Browse Repositories.
- search for dart and install it.
- search for flutter and install it.
- restart android studio for changes to take place. Now run flutter doctor and your issue will be resolved.
on Windows and Linux:
- The path is File>Settings>Plugins and then the rest of the steps are same as above.
Solution 2: Penny Liu
You can just install the Flutter and Dart plugin in Android Studio by following these steps:
- Start Android Studio.
- Open plugin preferences (Preferences > Plugins on macOS, File > Settings > Plugins on Windows & Linux).
- Select Browse repositories, select the Flutter plugin and click Install.
- Click Yes when prompted to install the Dart plugin.
- Click Restart when prompted.
Now run Android Studio.
flutter doctor. You should get this output: